Thursday, October 4, 2012

BEHIND THE VEIL: WHO IS ONE CHINESE MUSLIMAH ?

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu (peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)!  The Project Invitation has now finished on my blog but Insha'Allah I will transfer them all to the new dawah website. Jazakilah Kheyr to all the sisters who were willing to share their story, May Allah reward you for your intentions. 

NOTE: THE PROJECT IS AN ONGOING THING, IT WILL NOT BE STOPPING. JUST BEING TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER BLOG SITE (focussing primarily on dawah, so I can keep blogging my regular things!) SO I WILL STILL BE ACCEPTING STORIES INSHA'ALLAH! e-mail me @ onechinesemuslimah@gmail.com (sisters only) 

I had a request from one sister who wanted to know more about me and who I am. I have thought of some questions that many of you may be curious about, and I hope that it may help you see that the dunya, that so many Muslimah's are trying to chase, is NOTHING but a facade and will leave you empty-handed with a blackened, empty heart.
Remember, without Allah we are nothing, without Islam we are nobody. 


Bismillah,

What are my likes & dislikes :
-I like cooking and trying out new recipes, I like  love PIZZA!, I love Saudi Arabia and wish I was a Saudi citizen (I actually enjoy conservatism unlike many expats who live there), I love Middle Eastern food, I love sweet stuff, the colour pink, babies are so cute, I love to work out (still, Alhamdulilah), I love shoes (ballet flats & sporty flats) and abayas.

- I dislike bad akhlaq, brothers who don't know what SISTERS ONLY means, Facebook (even though I use it to promote my blog lol), high heels, long fingernails (eew), wet floors, when people say "eww gross" or make faces to food they don't like ( I HATE this, learn etiquette please!), when people think I can cook Chinese food just because I'm Chinese, ignorant clowns, Salafi extremists, watching tv, listening to music, and Khaleeji hijabis.


What was my lifestyle like prior to Islam: 

Well, unlike all my lovely sisters, majority of them lead very quiet lifestyles for the most part masha'Allah, I on the other had lead a very busy, social, loud, crazy lifestyle. I worked a typical 9-5 job as an executive assistant, on weekends I would party at the hottest clubs. I would waste my paycheck on the latest fashion trends and also on gym memberships. I later became a personal trainer and worked at gyms and spent money on protein powder and gym clothes. My weekends were always being spent being intoxicated with friends at the VIP booth in the club. I was nowhere close to any religion, or religion at all. I believed there was a "higher being" but never thought about God. I got so consumed with the worldly life that I later left the thought of a Creator altogether (atughfurAllah).
I was extremely ignorant, haughty, and very rude. If I liked you, I would show it and if I didn't like you I would show it too. I had no manners, I was outspoken, I was crude and vulgar with my words. Every other sentence included a swear word. I loved music and watching reality tv shows. I was pretty shallow and did not surround myself with anyone outside of the gym. I thought I was "too good" for everyone (Subhana'allah).

What was fashion school like?

I actually don't really remember. It was a big blur to me, I remember meeting many friends and being the riot of the class. I was always the "class clown" and very social, but very rude at the same time. I was also very selfish and everything had to revolve around "me, myself, and I". I found fashion school hard because I wanted to always arrive at school dressed in the latest trends with my own personal flare. I would spend a long time planning my outfits and doing my hair and I always thought to myself "If I ever make it in the fashion industry, this will be just WAY too much effort and time to waste!" The fashion world is really messed up, luckily I never got deep into it to experience it. I had many homosexual friends and didn't think anything was wrong with that at the time. I slowly started realizing how materialistic and unrealistic this industry was, and I decided this was not the route I wanted to pursue. I also did some part-time modelling which was fun at the time because I loved the camera and loved myself (lol, astughfurAllah ), modelling was something I wanted to pursue and was encouraged to pursue, but my height was something that stopped me, and Alhamdulilah I'm so happy it did (truly a blessing from Allah).

What was it like working in a mixed gym? 

Well, for obvious reasons at the time, it was fun and I enjoyed it for the first year or so. Then I started learning about the secrets and hidden life of all the gym rats. They did a lot of drugs (cocaine, marijuana, you name it), majority of them are on some kind of steroids (men and women !), most of the women are full of plastic (fake breasts and plastic surgery), and many were alcoholics. The gym lifestyle is NOT what you think it is. I always thought that people naturally were toned and fit without any enhancements (sometimes yes, but there are few who are naturally like this) but majority of the people in the gym have many problems with addiction (may it be drugs, plastic surgery, etc). I was easily influenced and was always trying to look a certain way but I thought to myself, " at what cost?" so I began to question if this industry I chose to pursue as a career was something I want to do for the long-run (Alhamdulilah, Allah saved me before I got heavily immersed in this lifestyle).

What was it like to go to clubs ?

I was contemplating about answering this question but I figured that many Muslim youth of today are so fascinated by this kind of lifestyle. Sadly, some Muslim youth have already experienced for themselves this horrifying lifestyle. I thought I would let you know and also warn you about the dangers of such a lifestyle.
It is dirty, disgusting, and classless. If you ever want to consider going to a club or if you ever thought about what its like ( Alhamdulilah I know many of you don't , but I know many of you KNOW some sisters who are not on the right path, May Allah guide them and us), I will share with you from what I know. The clubs is shatains personal playground. There is loud music, women dressed so skimpy you wonder if they forgot to put clothes on, there are pigs (drunken men) who harrass you, there are drunk people everywhere who push and shove you, it is smelly, sweaty, and expensive (if you don't have connections).
This lifestyle is the most tedious, boring, oppressive lifestyle you could ever get yourself into. A bunch of women competing to look the most (excuse my frankness) "slutty" and competing to see who can get the most drunk by the end of the night, is possibly the most degrading, demeaning, classless thing a woman can do to herself. Most of these women leave with half of their heel broken, their hair extension ripped out, or with a man who she will commit fornication with (astughfurAllah).
For some reason, people think that the party life is something so "cool" and "glamorous" and this is mainly because of the media and what it portrays it to be. This is all extremely false.
This is not freedom and has nothing to do with "enjoying life". Dressing like a "whore" and walking around in the club looking for attention is not the way to feel beautiful, and sadly half the women in today's society is doing exactly this.
I warn you my Muslim sisters, this is absolutely the WORST place to ever set foot in. You waste your money, your modesty, your pride, and most importantly your sense of morals. The party life is for people who are weak, have no happiness in their lives, are shallow, lacking morals, lacking dignity, lacking modesty, lacking intellect, and a slave of shaitan. Being intoxicated to the point that you are unaware of your surroundings is absolutely dangerous. Most of the men in these places are stalking for prey to feast on and they don't care about whether the girl has a PhD or works at McDonalds. If you are one of these women who have given up their religion for the worldly life (or considering it) I suggest you send me an e-mail so I can knock some sense into you.
I have seen so many Muslims leave their religion for this lifestyle and it is the saddest, most heartbreaking thing I can ever witness. I have every right to say this because I have lived the life that so many of you wish to try and experience and I chose to give all that up for Islam. Islam is the only thing that can save you from the dangers of this world. Islam is the only way to save you from yourself. Islam is the only way to Jannah (if you live your life in full accordance to the Qur'an and Sunnah). Mark my words, and ingrain it in your brain "IT IS NOT WORTH IT". Could you just imagine Allah takes your life while you are doing something haram? That's it, no turning back. Think about it. Turn to Allah before you return to Allah.


How was your life like after Islam?

My life after Islam, was seriously like I was a newborn. I felt clean, refreshed, and I can't even explain my feelings. It is something that only a revert knows. To be given a second chance and to be able to start fresh in life is a BIG Mercy from Allah. I was so thankful that Allah chose to guide me that I promised to learn the deen and practise it the correct way as best as I could. I left music, I left the clubs, I left the fashion, I left the TV, I left all the haram things which I thought were halal. It wasn't easy and I struggled for sure. Covering my hair after being used to showing it off was a big struggle for me. I gave up music and that was one of the hardest things for me because I still work out and I would always listen to music while I worked out, but now I realise how much better it is without music in my life. Truly music is shaitans tool to lead us far away from the remembrance of Allah. Music was made to distract, distract you away from Allah, distract you away from the realities of life, and to distract you away from yourself.  I don't care who begs to differ with me, this is the plain fact, whether you like it or not. Giving up TV was not so difficult because I was never a tv junkie (except for a few favourite shows i had) but it was easy to give up. As soon as I gave up all these things that pollute the mind, I started filling my brain with information on Islam and meeting new sisters who added value to my life and brought me closer to Allah. Islam changed my life in ways that I can never imagine and I could never thank Allah enough for this beautiful blessing. Islam is the way of life and it is the right way of life, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS. Those who slander Islam and our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) are because they are ignorant and lack a sense of intellect (I was like this before) and not many people are given the opportunity to be guided by Allah. If you are guided with guidance and Islam, I suggest you hold onto it and follow the Qur'an and Sunnah as best as you can. Don't become a "cultural" Muslim or a "westernized" Muslim and pick and choose what YOU want to practise. Remember Hellfire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked, undesirable things ( Sahih Bukhari).

I think I have talked enough about myself! Insha'Allah you will all benefit from my mini-bio !

This is the END of Project Invitation on One Chinese Musilmah, but insha'Allah I am working now on my dawah blog, and looking for lovely committed Muslimahs to help!

xo
Khadijah

11 comments:

  1. Salaam sis!

    Ah it was so lovely to learn so much more about you and your journey. I really enjoyed reading it, thank you so much for sharing!

    Looking forward to the new dawah blog. It's so great to see project doing so well. Mashallah you're doing a brilliant job and may Allah reward you for your efforts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh sisters,
      Well apparently sis, you said the exact same words that I was planning to write in my comment. :p
      May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala keep you and us in the Straight Path. May Allah reward you for your efforts. May Allah guide us and all muslims mainly the youth.

      Delete
    2. walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu my lovely sisters!!
      I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this and may Allah continue to guide us on His straight path and keep us upright and may we all die as believing Muslims Ameen!!!!!

      xo
      Khadijah

      Delete
  2. Masha'Allah sis, your story is such a poignant example of Allah's power. He truly, truly guides whom He wishes, and we should never think 'oh, there's no hope for so-and-so, they'll NEVER be guided'. It's such an encouraging message, and so are all the other revert stories you've taken the time to put together - LOVE reading them, it's the highlight of my mornings :) May Allah reward you for your effort, and keep us always on the straight path insha'Allah xoxoxoxox love you fillah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu sis!!!!! Subhana'Allah truly the guidance of Allah only lies with Him! IT truly is amazing and a miracle how Islam can change an individual!!!!!!!

      THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT LOLLLLL xooxoxoxoxox
      Khadijah
      love you too for the sake of ALLAH!

      Delete
    2. Wa Alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa baraktuhu,

      JazakAllah Khairan for sharing your story with us, can you make me understand what is a salafi extremist? i understand salafiyah but I wouldn't link that with extremism or am I missing something?

      Delete
  3. This made me teary. I guess the best part was the feeling you got from the transformation. The peace...
    JAK for sharing such an inspiring piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Asma , yes sis you're def missing something ! There are many Salafis these day that are extreme and take the meaning to the next level. They are very cliquey and are they make fatwas against people even though they are just daees and not qualified to do so. I understand we must warn people against innovation as this is sunnah but there are some salafi daees we should becareful of because they are too extreme and trying to learn more about who they are, they don't even have a bio that is reputable and some just make fatwas against other daees or making fatwass that just dont make sense. There are some who aim to separate the jamaa'h rather the unite it . That's what I consider a bit extreme if you know what I mean. Jazakilah Kheyr your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ call of dusk ! Assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!
    Thank u for your kind words masha'allah I'm glad you benefitted from my life journey to Islam!!!
    Truly this religion is a blessing that many take for granted!

    Xo
    Ameen wa iyaki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaam sis Ma shaa Allah jazzak Allah khayr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu Twinsieeee!!!!
    Sadly I had a similar lifestyle before Islam too.Alhamdoulilah we are now guided to the right path but sadly many from our Ummah are going astray....Sadly following the Dunya....May we all die as True Believing Muslims....Ameen

    ReplyDelete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo