Ramadan 2016

Ramadan Mubarak all ! 

So I just realised the most recent post I just shared was the very first post of 2016 and we are already in June! Subhana'Allah how time flies. I moved back to Toronto on Dec 30th of 2015 and at the blink of an eye, it is already June 2016 ! Insha'Allah I will try my best to keep blogging regularly since things have settled down now alhamdulillah. 
Allah has blessed me and you with His Mercy by witnessing yet another Ramadan. I remember the first time I spent Ramadan alone here in Canada without my husband and I made it such a big deal and I was really upset and just wasn't feelin' it ! But now that this is my 6th Ramadan (only by the Permission of Allah) and my 4th one alone, I finally feel more comfortable and in fact, grateful that I can witness yet another Ramadan and by myself! I admit, it would be really nice to experience Ramadan with a big family but I feel like when I fly solo, things are just a lot easier for me. Making iftaar and sahoor for one body is awesome and eating by yourself while playing a lecture or chatting with your friends online is pretty sweet. Also, you are on your own schedule and you can do whatever you need whenever you need. So, Alhamdulillah for the solo Ramadans! As well, I really don't want to complain because compared to many, most of us have it real good. Just being able to fast in your own home or having food to break your fast and feed yourself with for sahoor is more than a blessing! If we just look around the world and see how the Muslims suffer and bloodshed going on everywhere, we should realize just how blessed we are and how we should thank Allah each and every day for the things we have. I often think about my revert sisters who's family don't know they are Muslim because they would disown them, or the revert sister's who's families hate Islam and do not let them freely practise in the home and it makes me really feel sad for them. I know that it is really difficult because I live with my parents and certain things can really be a big struggle and a big test! A message to those sisters, you are NOT alone! Allah is with you always and continue to strive hard and stay strong and always remember that we will not say that we believe in Allah and the Messenger (peace be upon him) and then not be tested and tried ! Always remember that the glad tidings and big rewards are with Allah and He does not forget any small thing we do for His Sake. Alhamdulillah! What a good reminder to myself. Whenever we think that we are a stuck in a situation, let us always remember that Allah has always relieved the prophets (peace be upon them all) and they came out strong and always successful therefore Allah will never leave us hanging unless we forget Him and leave ourselves hanging without Him ! 

I want to make this month a month of reflection. I want to be able to pick the smallest of situations and be able to reflect upon it. I feel like sometimes I am so caught up with my problems and my tests that I forget to look at the big picture and realise that whatever happens, it is something good and it will help me with the present and the future. 
 “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2999).  

Today we should reflect upon the fact that we are here today to witness another Ramadan, may Allah allow us to complete it successfully and may He forgive us and allow us to witness many more ameen. I feel like sometimes I take my life and my time for granted. Many times I just expect that I will be alive tomorrow. When I really sit and think about how short life really is, it is really ignorant for me to think that I can take my time with my life and doing good deeds. I remember when I first became Muslim and all the blog posts I wrote, were always so reflective and passionate! I remember that I was always so focused about the akhirah and racing to do good deeds! Somewhere down the road, I got a little side tracked and began to worry more about dunya things. Subhana'Allah how easy it is to just get so caught up with the life of this world and forget the true purpose of life as a Muslim. Even as I sit here writing I am overthinking and worrying about my personal affairs. I hope that I can increase in tawakkul and always remind myself that Allah is the Best of Planners and I can only make duaa that I will have a good ending and that Allah will have mercy on me. Death is such a scary thing. It is like the elephant in the room, nobody wants to talk about it but we know it's there and close by. I hope that my passion for the deen will be ignited like once before and that I will be able to write with firm hope and enthusiasm. I know that I can't expect everything to happen overnight and I am definitely a work in progress. I know, though, Allah is most Merciful and He only cares to see that we have tried and we continue to try and we continue to call upon Him and Him alone. 

What are your goals for this Ramadan? If you are reading this , please share in the comments below.  

3 comments

  1. Ramadhan mubarak sis.
    May Allah accept our good deeds and forgive us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalamu alaikum, thanks for sharing. What do you think of Hajj - Islamic Pilgrimage To Makkah , come share your thoughts..

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa'alaikum'as'salaam wa rahmatullah sis,

    Halfway through, Ramadhan mubarak!

    Ramadhan goal for this year is: Being consistent.

    The imaan fluctuates every now and then and to maintain consistency is a constant struggle at least for me. So for this Ramadhan, the goal is to persist in maintaining consistency despite the difficulties. Ask for Allah's guidance and help, to have istiqamah and have the strength to hold on to His path.

    ReplyDelete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo