Sister, who are you striving to be like?


Kim Kardashian, Kate Middleton, Lady Gaga, and (again) Britney Spears. What do these women have in common besides spreading nonsense in the world?

They are the Western society's role models.

I find it quite humorous that such clowns are known as "the leading ladies of the future."
Kim Kardashian who really has nothing going for her, is famous for her money and life which consists of shopping and drowning her face with makeup. Kate Middleton, a very wealthy "commoner", famous for her marriage to Prince William. Lady Gaga, who promotes same-sex relationships, and making extremely haram things seem halal and of course Britney Spears, who is just as ridiculous as the others and can't even take care of herself. These are the women who are making a difference in the youth's lives. Parading around half-naked, gallons of make-up, intoxicated, and pretty much useless individuals who are famous for unknown reasons. I mean, Kate Middleton is slightly better than the others, but nonetheless she is still nonsense.
The importance of raising children in this generation to make a difference in the future has been heavily ignored. The media has become the new fastest growing religion. This used to be my religion, and I was a very devoted practisor. I have lost count with the amount of "role models" I looked up to and tried so hard to mimic.

I want to share with you who my role model is today, why I chose the name Khadijah, and why I look up to her:

She was one of the greatest leaders of humanity known to mankind
She was the most respected lady of her time
She was the most noble
She was a humble wealthy businesswoman
She was most loyal
She was most intelligent
She had a strong persona and a soft heart
She was beautiful and pious
She was known as the "pure woman"
She was the Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) first wife
She was the first one to accept Islam
She was the mother of the believers
She was Khadijah.

Wow, what a woman.
Allah chose the perfect woman for the perfect man, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
The only words I can think of to describe such a woman is, "absolutely amazing". She was the only woman who was greeted with a "Salam" by Allah and the Angel Jibril. The first wife of the Prophet (pbuh), and he did not take on another wife during his marriage with Khadijah. She was the most supportive wife of the Prophet (pbuh) and sacrificed all the comforts of life. The Prophet had such high regards for Khadijah and spoke of her in the most dearest way:

" I have no yet found a better wife than her. She had faith in me when everyone, even members of my own family and tribe did not believe me, and accepted that I was truly a Prophet and a Messenger of Allah. She converted to Islam, spent all her wealth and worldly goods to help me spread this faith, and this too at a time when the entire world seemed to have turned against me and persecuted me. And it is through her that Allah blessed me with children"(Narrated by Aisha). She was the ideal mother and wife. She is a true representation of not only the ideal Muslim woman, but she is what every woman should strive to become. Could you imagine if all women had Khadijah (May Allah be pleased with her) as a role model what the outcome of society would be like today?

Women wouldn't think that walking around half-naked is beautiful, women wouldn't think that caking on a pound of makeup on her face was what defines her beauty, women wouldn't think that being intoxicated was the way to enjoy life, women wouldn't think the materialistic things in life were important, women wouldn't have to stray away from religion to gain their independence and freedom.
Most importantly, women would believe in Allah.

Why it is so hard to find a woman like Khadijah these days?
I would really like to hear what you have to say.

22 comments

  1. Salam Alaikum Khadijah,

    Beautiful post MashAllah i agree we should all strive to be more like the wonderful role model Khadija radi allahu anha. JazakAllah Khayran sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!

      Ameen ya Rabb, wa iyaki sis <3 glad you enjoyed the post :)

      Delete
  2. Insha'allah, we as Muslim women will strive to be the modern day Khadija's and be the role model's for the young Muslim women/girls these days. Insha'allah, Ameen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu.
      insha'Allah ameen.

      Delete
  3. Jazakillhu khayran.
    All of the mother of the believers are my role model but before many of them I adore and look up to the women of Jannah, Khadijah, Maryam, Aasiya and fatima.
    I can read surah Maryam and be instantly softened and my iman rockets up! La hawla wa la quwatta illa Billah.
    As for the women you mentioned I thank Allah that I didn't even know who they were until I actually thought about it hard.
    I choose my name 'Ramlah' after choosing my name 'Sanaa' because I read about Umm Habiba when I first embraced and her being the wife of the prophet who strove to prayer her sunnah prayers I loved that about her. Her birth name was Ramlah so because mashaAllah I have always strove to pray my sunnat and began to lack it last year due to busy home and being tired I read about her again and it reminded me of the woman I had named myself after and her beautiful quality and how much I want to be like her and hamdulillah it encourages me fisabillah. These women are the best role models who the modern day role models have nothing on.
    Several years ago I had the honour of attending the classes by Shaykh Fawzan's wife and she was soo beautiful is her teaching, persona and her character we all loved her fisabillah and was eager for her company to hear the beauty of Islam. When Allah blesses a person with a kind nature, wisdom and piety subhan Allah that person is truly blessed! Sorry I rambled! lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. assalmaualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu :)

      jazakilah kheyr for your comment :) and yes truly it is a blessing when Allah blesses us with certain traits of the beautiful mother of believers. Allahu Akbar!

      Delete
    2. Subhanllah I wouldn't say I have their traits. They were exceptional and wonderful, for me it is aspiring to do the good that they did hoping it will be pleasing to Allah and He accepts the action and efforts. My character needs soo much work subhnallah!

      Delete
    3. assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa baraktu sis.

      We all have a lot of work to do as we will never be like our believing mothers of Islam. But as I said Allah has blessed each believing slave with CERTAIN traits of piety insha'allah...may it be treating our husbands with absolute obedience and respect, may it be raising pious children, may it be reading Qur'an in Arabic and applying the verses to our every day lives, and even establishing salat properly and fasting during Ramadan and reflecting on our Perfect Creator. Every believing slave insha'Allah is blessed with certain traits that distinguishes us from the kafirs and the ahlul bidaah. May Allah protect us from all the evils of the world and especially from the evils of ourselves! Ameen.

      Delete
    4. Yeah for real I understand what you meant now. I just didn't want to come across like 'Yeah I pray my sunnat because I'm so righteous' if you get me. Ameen to your duat

      Delete
    5. assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu sissy !!! (waiting for your return greeting >.< *twiddling thumbs* lolllllll)

      yes I agree, if one thinks they are righteous just because they prayer the Sunnah prayers then they really need to check their imaan because that to me is the BARE minimum. We have NO excuse to NOT pray these Sunnah prayers. They are pretty much a free reward from Allah (swt) ...the prayers are the bare minimum..I know of some sisters who think praying 5x's a day and having a Muslim name is enough ...Allah knows best!

      thanks for your lovely comments btw! jazakilah kheyr!

      Delete
    6. Oh sorry, Wa alaykum salam wa rahtullahi wa barakatahu.
      I didn't even realise I had not returned the greeting. I got caught up in my commenting! Asif!
      Maybe they think that because of the hadith when Rasullah sallahu alayhi wa salam said:
      "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."
      At tirmidhi.
      I have heard sisters say the same thing. May accept their deeds and ours and make it in favour for us on yawml qiyyamah.

      Delete
  4. As-salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi

    "What do these women have in common besides spreading nonsense in the world?"

    "I mean, Kate Middleton is slightly better than the others, but nonetheless she is still nonsense."

    ROFL!!! You definitely have a way with words!! LOL!!

    This is the era of the West sis; namely United States and everything it promotes; democracy, homosexuality, atheism, promiscuity, and every other lewd behavior imaginable.

    Morals, values and the lines between right and wrong, what is acceptable and what is not, have always been redefined to suit the people with the greatest influence in the world.

    But as history has proven, every great nation who rises to dominance will fall, it's inevitable. Allah tests the people by making one group superior over the other, but when their time is up, they too will fall. And when they do, all these ridiculous "role models" will disappear too.

    (Of course only Allah alone knows whether this will happen in our lifetime)

    So yeah, this is our trial, to live in this shadow and try to hold onto our deen. This is why it's so hard to find Khadijahs, coz most of us end up being sucked up into the shadow and getting lost in the darkness. Allahu Must'aaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. walaiakumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!!!!

      lolllll glad u enjoyed this piece sissy! and i totally agree with you with every point you made! Subhana'Allah... the West was always like this and it will only get worse! IT's even spreading globally all this horrendous fitnah!!! May Allah protect us from ever falling into these shadows of darkness!!!!!!!! ameen!

      <3

      Delete
  5. Awesome post sis, really great. I do hope more Muslimahs read you're blog, it's super inspirational!
    Love your name Khadeeja by the way. May Allah bless you with the same qualities he blessed Khadeeja (ral) with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. masha`allah sis excellent writing as always

    may allah help us all strive to be like the mothers of the believers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu Ukhtee!

    MashaAllah this is a very lovely post. As usual I'm impressed!!! ^<>^

    I must say this can also apply, not only to the non-muslims but, to the muslim sister also that are not into the Deen. And there are tons. It's very sad to me when the 'already-muslim' sisters look at me and say :"MashaAllah she is/you are so religious" when I do the bare minimum (I'm not trying to say I'm all that :S)... it's just embarrassing for me because I don't feel "super religious"... I mean we all have our strengths and our weakness,right? Allahu alim

    May Allah SWT Guide us all! Ameen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!!!

      i had no clue this was the Laughing Muslimah!!!! Masha'Allah did u change your name!!! love it!!! i agree with you..there are tons of non-super religious muslimahs out there but we should always look at ourselves and focus on our problems so we can fix them and then we can portray what a good muslimah should be like!!! insha'Allah we can be more like Khadijah (ra) ...if i can even be an inch of what she is that would be amazing!! insha'Allah ameen!

      Delete
  8. MAshaAllah! I do agree. Nowadays people don't think at all!!! How can Britey or kim K be a role model when they are just empty boxes. They represent no valuable ideas or characters. the do nothing valuable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. assalamualaikum wa rahamtulahi wa barakatu!

      Agreed sis! they are just are close to "empty" spaces wandering aimlessly around the world...animals have more value to them then these people...sadly they are so misguided and I pray Allah protects us from all evil and continues to guide us on His straight path Ameen!!!

      Delete
  9. masha`allah we all should strive to be like the mother of the believer .. even if we dont mange all we should keep trying

    jazak`allah khair for an great read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!

      Wa iyaka sis ! glad you enjoyed it !!! Always strive to be the best even though we can never be like our beloved Prophet (pbuh) we must try strive until we die!!!!

      Delete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo