Don't let it be too late!





" By Al-Asr (the time).Verily! Man is in loss. Except those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds which Allah has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allah has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience."
 (Al-Asr 103:1-3)
Something that we all take for granted in our every day lives is the very thing that we should be grateful for. Time. So many of us, me included of course, forget that the time Allah subhanahu wa ta a'la has given us, is something that we should cherish and make good use of. It is something that we should be using to our advantage and being thankful for. Time is what we should be using so that we can increase in our good deeds and our remembrance of Allah. We should be using our time wisely and we should be very mindful of not wasting time. 



Should I not inform you of the best of deeds, and the most sanctifying of deeds before your Lord, which does more to raise your positions (with Him), and is better for you than the disbursement of gold and money, or battle with the enemy?” They (the companions) said: “Indeed inform us.” He (SAW) then said: “Remembrance of Allah.” [Narrated by At-Tirmidhi, 5/459; Ibn Maajah, 2/1245]


These are all the things we SHOULD be doing with our time but what do we really do with our time these days? One of my biggest weaknesses is being lazy and procrastinating (audhubillah!) These are the worst things to have as a weakness because you take your time and health for granted! A few months ago, I went through a personal health problem which I am still getting over. Alhamdulillah for everything and everything that happens is a test from Allah, but it really made me realise that I really took my time and health for granted! Sometimes I would go through moments that would make it so hard for me to function and do my daily activities that I take for granted! Subhana'Allah, it really made me realise just how weak I am and how much I need and rely on Allah. This experience really has been and continues to be an eye opener for me. (May Allah help me and remove this hardship from me . Ameen) It really makes me realize the hadith : 

"Take benefit of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death" (al-Hakim 4/306)

is something that hold a lot of truth and that we must really overcome our weakness of procrastination and laziness! Every moment we spend, should be spent remembering Allah the Almighty! We should be working hard in this dunya for things that will benefit our Akhirah! We should be spending time with those who will make us a better Muslimah and who will remind us about death and how we should hasten to do good before our live comes to an end. 

Ibn Abbas reports that the Prophet (saw) said "There are two blessings which many of the people lose: Health and Free time"(Bukhari 8/421)

Health and free time are the biggest blessings that Allah, the Almighty has given us! Could you imagine, even if we had all the money in the world but we had bad health and no free time? The money would be useless! Just as if we had the best job or the highest education degree but we were afflicted with bad health and no time? We would not be able to do anything! We waste so much time in chasing the dunya and we race with each other to compete for the "finer" things in this life but we forget that this dunya is only meant for us as a test. This dunya is meant for us to work hard and struggle so we can attain success in the Akhirah! 


“O Mankind, remember the favour of Allah upon you. Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? There is no deity except Him, so how are you deluded?” [35:3] 



We must really remember the beautiful blessings that our Lord has given us! We do not want to regret the moments we spent on this earth. Being heedless of Allah's Commands and committing evil acts of disobedience and NOT being able to repent when comes the time of need! Let it not be too late before the Angel of death takes our soul and we are are not able to take back all our sins and heedlessness ! The worse thing in this world would to be to die upon carelessness and forgetfulness of Allah! We must take advantage of our own selves and use the blessings that Allah has blessed us with and use it for His Sake! 

“Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: “My Lord! Send me back so that I may do good in that which I have left behind” [23:99-100]


I just wanted to share this reminder with everyone including myself! Whenever I write these posts, it serves as a good reminder to myself first and foremost and I just share them with you, hoping that you too will benefit and take heed (insha'Allah !) Remember my DEEN QUEENS! Time on this earth is limited and nothing is ever guaranteed! We are only here temporarily and we should not make this dunya our biggest concern. I know that is easier said than done but we can try our best to take heed to Allah's Commands and try our best to win the race to Jannah! We are all in this together and we must always strive day after day to make sure that when we meet Allah, He will be Pleased with us! How we can be successful is by leaving out the things we KNOW waste time (i.e- watching television shows that we know are bad influences, listening to music that we know will blacken our hearts, and socializing with the opposite sex which we know will only lead to haram and heartbreaks) and how we can leave those things, is to replace them with things that will benefit our time in this dunya and the akhirah. Maybe you can pick up a hobby and try to take on some baking projects with some friends and family! Go for walks and enjoy the nature and start a scrapbook of your findings and include verses of the Qur'an that really speak to you about Allah's creations! Take up a new language! Start a blog! The possibilities are endless!! But as long as it helps you remember Allah and to get rid of the haram things that you know will waste your time then that is a beautiful start! 

For all my lazy procrastinators out there :p think about death often and always ask yourself "I could do that tomorrow, but what if I don't even live to see tomorrow? What if I were to return to Allah today....would He be pleased with me and what will I bring to Him?" This is something I often worry about and wonder about myself...I wonder how will I face my Lord, Allah, and what will I bring to Him !? (May Allah forgive me and us and help us strive harder for His sake! Ameen) 

“O Allah! I seek Your protection from anxiety and grief, from incapacity and laziness, from stinginess and cowardice, and from the burden of debt and domination of people.” [Bukhari]



0 comments

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo