Ramadan FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!


Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatulahi wa Barakatu!!!!!

Well, I am awake awaiting the first sahuur of the BLESSED MONTH! O' RAMADAN <3 ...
I am just so excited I know I won't be able to sleep tonight and even if I tried, i'd probably be tossing and turning in bed while checking the time every 5 minutes! So i'd rather just stay awake and insha'Allah start my nightly ibadaah that I have planned for this month Insha'Allah!

I have began with reading a few pages of the Qur'an in Arabic and insha'Allah I will start to memorize Surah Al-Qadr! I managed to memorize Al-Kafiroun last night with that link I provided yesterday! www.mounthira.com Masha'Allah this site is great for memorizing, it truly is!

Anyhow, I wanted to write a bunch of things but I forgot half of what I wanted to write about! Subhana'Allah...

I  had my first taste of timbits today from Tim Hortons. Oh how I miss thee'! Nothing beats an iced cappuccino and some timbit treats in the summertime! Though I thought I would devour the mini donuts in a matter of seconds, the box still lies on the kitchen counter, ignored ! >.< Insha'Allah I will get to them!

I wish that I was in Saudi this Ramadan but I know that Allah has plans for me and this is written in my nqadr, so I must go with it, and take full advantage of these quiet nights. The solitude and peacefulness I am enjoying in my room right now is something I do appreciate. Though, its 1:03AM I hear some sort of chirping outside, is that normal? I mean I'm on the 18th floor of a apartment, so I'm not sure what bird would be flying about at this time!? Allah knows best!

Anyhow, at first I was truly sad and almost depressed that I would be spending Ramadan all by myself (physically, because Allah is always with me!) and I would have nobody to have my sahuur or iftar with but then I thought about all the other sisters who are in the same boat as me, if not worse, and I can't help but say Alhamdulilah 3la kul 7al ( Praise be to Allah upon every state of being ) and so I go about my days being thankful rather than being mopey. This solitude sort of forces me to be closer to my parents, as well as forces me to learn more about Islam and read Qur'an more. As I admit during this year, I was struggling to keep consistent with my studies! Insha'Allah this Ramadan will give me a boost and will last me until next Ramadan (if I am still alive until then!)

Alhamdulilah my parents are slowly coming through, Masha'Allah , they are respectful of my Islam and know that I need to pray 5 times daily, and they know that I need to fast this month. They do not bother me with my Islam nor do they say anything, but rather they have been encouraging Alhamdulilah! . I find it great Masha'Allah when they know that I can't eat certain things because they are not halal, and I like that my mom buys me hijab clips (even though I havent told her I wear niqab when I'm not in Toronto!) for my hijabs Masha'Allah! They don't ask me to go out with them because they know I have to pray on time! Alhamdulilah, this is TRULY a blessing from Allah. I continue to pray to Him asking Him that He will guide my parents and all the non-Muslim parents of my dear revert sisters to the truth of Islam!!!!! Ameen.

Well, that's it for now.. insha'Allah I will blog tomorrow as I attempt to keep up with my "30(+) posts in 30 days " Insha'Allah!


0 comments

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo