Memorable Mondays!



Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatulahi wa barakatu!

well, it's been a while since I posted a "Memorable Monday" mainly because I was busy with the Project Invitation but Alhamdulilah I thought I'd post something I made which was totally memorable (even though I dont remember the recipe off by heart! ha!) I made this Apple Pie a few weeks back and it was truly memorable. It was my VERY FIRST apple pie, err...well actually, first ever PIE I made and it turned out amazing masha'Allah! Just something about warm apples baked in a homemade flaky crust! I wish I had vanilla ice cream to go along with this lovely dessert but next time insha'Allah! I figure I'd post this since, for most of us in the West, the seasons are changing Subhana'allah and its time for FALL( my favourite season!) Something about the cool, crisp smell of fall and the beautiful colour changing leaves AND lets not forget the cozy sweaters and fleecy pants oh! and lets not forget those immodest half-naked girls who are forced to cover up due to the cold! (something i love to see). The weather changing is another beautiful sign of our Creator , and the food that goes along with the different kind of weather is also something we should think about as a Mercy from our Lord Subhana'allah!
So..... that is why I posted my lovely apple pie masha'Allah! It is just SO GOOD masha'Allah, really no words to describe except... " a taste of fall" ? A slice of warm pie with some tea, leaves you with a smile saying "Alhadulilah"!

If you want the recipe please you can find it at www.joyofbaking.com! I don't usually attach the recipe/directions on here, mainly because I find it's too long, takes up too much space, and may bore some readers (since my blog is not a foodie blog!)

xo
Khadijah!

5 comments

  1. Asalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu sister!!! All I have to say is Hmmmmm!!! MashaAllah! I love apple pie with scoop of butterscotch ripple ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!!! masha'Allah it was SUPER DELICIOUS!!!! i will have to try it with butterscotch ice cream next time!!! insha'Allah!!!

      Delete
  2. Salaam sis! My first ever pie was a complete disaster but yours looks super yum, mashallah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu,
      it was delicious masha'Allah!!!!! insha'Allah your next pie will be perfect!!!!! baking is always trial and error i find!!!

      Delete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo